CHICAGO, April 3, 2023 – Health Gorilla, a leading Health Information Network and interoperability provider, has announced its participation at HIMSS23, which includes a variety of interoperability panel discussions, in-booth educational sessions, and live demonstrations of its solutions for Individual Access Services (IAS).
Click here to schedule a meeting.
Health Gorilla will be stationed at Booth 7909 on Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Wednesday from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., and 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday at McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago.
Health Gorilla will also provide live demonstrations of its solutions for Individual Access Services during the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Health Gorilla will be participating in two use case paths: “360X and Multimodality Technology to Support Care Transitions” and “Record Locator Service: Powering Data Access in the Continuum of Care.” Demos begin at 15 minutes past the hour at Booths 7946-72 and 7946-73.
Health Gorilla speaker participation includes:
Monday, April 17
Tuesday, April 18
- Unpacking SDOH: Strategies for Workflow Integration. Presented by Avery Haller, MPH, Executive Director of Strategy & Partnerships at Health Gorilla, and Diana Zuskov, Associate Vice President of Healthcare Strategy at LexisNexis Risk Solutions, the discussion will center around how to make SDOH data actionable for healthcare providers. The session begins at 11:30 a.m. at booth 7909. Click here to add it to your calendar.
- Real Talk: TEFCA, Evolution or Revolution in Healthcare Interoperability.
Health Gorilla Chief Strategy Officer and Co-founder Sergio Wagner will serve as a panelist along with representatives from HCA Healthcare, Change Healthcare, Epic TEFCA Interoperability Services, and CommonWell Health Alliance. The session begins at 1:45 p.m. Location to be announced. Click here to add it to your calendar.
- Taking the Pulse of Healthcare Interoperability. Health Gorilla Chief Medical Officer Dr. Steven Lane will share findings from the 2023 State of Interoperability Report, including takeaways about industry sentiment surrounding TEFCA. The session begins at 3:15 p.m. in the Interop Spotlight Theater, located in the North Building, Hall B, Booth 7946. Click here to add it to your calendar.
- Enhancing Patient Safety: The Importance of Complete Pharmacy Data in Medication Management. Health Gorilla Chief Medical Officer Dr. Steven Lane will host a discussion with Jim Jirjis, MD, Chief Health Information Officer at HCA Healthcare, on the importance of complete medication data for improving patient safety, medication reconciliation, and medication management. The session takes place at 4:30 p.m. at booth 7909. Click here to add it to your calendar.
Wednesday, April 19
- InteropTalk LIVE – Hot Topics of the Day. InteropTalk podcast panelists will gather for a live session to talk about the breaking news coming out of HIMSS23. With Dave Cassel, Chief Customer Officer at Health Gorilla and former Executive Director of Carequality, Dr. Steven Lane, Chief Medical Officer at Health Gorilla and former Director of Clinical Informatics and Interoperability at Sutter Health, Deven McGraw, Data Sharing Lead at Invitae and former Deputy Director for Health Information Privacy at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), and special guest Zoe Barber from The Sequoia Project. It starts at 10:15 a.m. at Health Gorilla’s booth 7909. Click here to add it to your calendar.
- TEFCA’s Candidate QHINs – Progress Toward Nationwide Interoperability Go-Live. Health Gorilla Chief Customer Officer Dave Cassel will participate in this one-hour panel discussion with ONC, the RCE, and other representatives from the QHIN candidates to discuss the status of the onboarding process and vision for the future. It will be held Wednesday, April 19, at 11:30 a.m. in the South Building, Level 1 | S100 C. Click here to add it to your calendar.
- The Road to TEFCA – Perspectives from QHIN Candidates. Health Gorilla Chief Customer Officer Dave Cassel will moderate a “Lunch and Learn” discussion about TEFCA with representatives from other QHIN candidates, including eHealth Exchange, CommonWell Health Alliance, and Epic TEFCA Interoperability Services in Room W471A. The session will begin at 1 p.m. Lunch and refreshments will be served. Click here to sign up – registration is required.
- Transforming Canadian Healthcare: Leveraging Data Exchange to ImprovePatient Care. This session will explore how TraverseExchange Canada, developed by MEDITECH and powered by the Health Gorilla technology platform, is introducing a first-of-its-kind interoperability network that enables the seamless flow of health information between participating organizations across Canada. With Robert Molloy and Mike Cordeiro from MEDITECH and Health Gorilla’s Dave Cassel at booth 7909 from 4-4:30 p.m. Click here to add it to your calendar.
- Health Gorilla Happy Hour. Health Gorilla will be hosting an exclusive happy hour event in downtown Chicago starting at 7 p.m. Click here to join the waitlist.
Thursday, April 20
- The Impact of TEFCA for Health Gorilla Customers. Health Gorilla Chief Customer Officer Dave Cassel and Chief Medical Officer Steven Lane will discuss Health Gorilla’s QHIN candidacy, the future benefits of joining a QHIN, and how the rollout of TEFCA will affect the healthcare ecosystem. The session starts at 10:30 a.m. at booth 7909. Click here to add it to your calendar.
For more information about Health Gorilla’s HIMSS23 activities or to request a meeting with an interoperability expert, go to www.healthgorilla.com/events/himss-2023.
About Health Gorilla
Health Gorilla is a secure health data sharing platform, powering national health information exchange while protecting patient data privacy and security. Health Gorilla provides access to the broadest network of real-time healthcare data sources in the U.S., making it easy for authorized users to get a complete view of their patients. Through our collaborations with healthcare providers, insurers, and government organizations, we play a vital role in improving health outcomes, reducing administrative inefficiencies, and unlocking new business models. Health Gorilla is also one of the applicants approved for onboarding as a candidate Qualified Health Information Network and must successfully complete testing and onboarding before official designation as a QHIN. Our platform hosts innovative privacy technologies designed to safeguard health data and protect patient privacy. For more information, visit healthgorilla.com or follow us on LinkedIn and on Twitter @HealthGorilla